Construction of the New Gymnasium
Saint Paul’s School has completed construction of the new gymnasium in the Gene Bennett Sports Complex. The old room 500, once a barbecue pit, art, English, and religion classroom is now demolished. The “old gym” once known as the Saint Jude Center, because funding was thought to be a problem, was constructed by the brothers and the students in 1955. Our own Brother Alfred helped to lay the floor that has been pounded season after season by the basketball Wolves. Although many happy memories exist about time in the Gplex, Saint Paul’s has out grown the space.
The new gym is the primary home for basketball and physical education programs, while wrestling and powerlifting is housed in a renovated Gene Bennett Sports Complex. The new facility increases seating from 855 to 1100, and is air conditioned. Fortunately, once again Saint Paul’s is keeping the past by changes in the “old gym” and embracing the future with construction of the new and much needed larger gym.
If you are interested in funding the project, or participating in any number of naming opportunities available please contact Brother Ray directly 985-892-3200 ext. 1901, or the Development Office of Saint Paul’s 985-892-3200 ext. 1970. Click HERE to donate online. For more information about this project, click BROCHURE.
Blessing and Dedication – October 21, 2015
Br. Alfred lends his expertise in laying the floor. He
and students installed the floors of the original gymnasium.